Lasagna that is done in a fraction of the time is made quickly by this easy lasagna soup recipe.
It’s soup season! There’s something about this time of year that makes me want to bust out my soup pot and make a warm cozy dinner. Soup is also one of the best things to make for dinner! It’s so easy to throw all of the ingredients into one pot and if you have leftovers you can freeze it and save it for another night!
The inspiration behind this recipe is wanting to make lasanga for dinner, but realizing I had no time to assemble everything, cook the pasta, layer it in the pan and bake it in the oven so Lasagna Soup was born!
And oh how amazing it is! You can make this entire recipe in one pot!
Start by browning your sausage in a large Dutch oven or stockpot. Add onions and saute for 3 minutes until the onion becomes soft and translucent. Add your tomato sauce and chicken stock before bringing everything to a simmer.
Once you have the liquied simmering add your lasagna noodles and cook for 8 minutes! Add spinach, salt and pepper. Serve and add Boursin cheese with fresh basil! You get all of the same great flavors of a homemade baked lasagna in half the time!
- 1 Pound Sweet Italian Chicken Sausage
- 1 White Onion, Diced
- 24 Ounce Jar Tomato Sauce
- 2 (32 ounce) Cartons Chicken Stock
- 1 Pound Lasagna Noodles, Broken Into Small Pieces
- 4 Ounces Fresh Spinach
- Salt and Pepper To Taste
- Boursin Cheese
- Fresh Basil, Roughly Chopped
- Preheat a large Dutch oven or stockpot over medium heat. Add the sausage and brown.
- Add the onion and saute for 3 minutes until the onion becomes soft and translucent.
- Add the tomato sauce and chicken stock and bring to a simmer.
- Once the liquid has come to a simmer, add the lasagna noodles and cook for 8 minutes.
- Add the spinach and stir to wilt.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Ladle desired amount of soup into serving bowls and top with Boursin cheese and fresh basil.
Boursin cheese is delicious and adds a flavor blast. You can substitute with ricotta cheese if desired.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1 Amount Per Serving: Calories: 343Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 75mgSodium: 1237mgCarbohydrates: 34gFiber: 4gSugar: 6gProtein: 27g