Easy homemade healthy chicken tortilla soup that tastes better than the restaurant! This simple soup only takes 20 minutes to make!
If you are looking for an easy recipe on a chilly night this is it. It’s quick to make and a healthy dinner option to feed your family.
Can I Make This Soup Creamy?
To make this soup creamy you can add about a cup of crunched up tortilla chips to the soup before covering.
After adding the tortilla chips and cooking the soup you can also add some heavy cream for a richer option.
Toppings For Soup:
How to Make Healthy Chicken Tortilla Soup:
Chicken Tortilla Soup Recipe:
- 1 Tablespoon Avocado Oil
- 1 Cup Carrots, Peeled and Diced
- 1 Cup Celery, Diced
- 1 Cup Onion, Diced
- 2 Cups Rotisserie Chicken, Shredded
- 6 Cups Chicken Broth
- 1 (14.5) Ounce Can Diced Tomato
- 1 Teaspoons Kosher Salt
- 1 Teaspoon Garlic Salt
- 1 Teaspoon Oregano
- 1/2 Teaspoon Cumin
- Hint of Lime Tortilla Chips or Tortilla Strips (The hint of lime ones are amazing)
- Avocado, Diced
- Cilantro, Leaves
- Lime Wedges
- Cotija Cheese or shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large stockpot over medium heat add the oil.
- Add the carrots, celery and onion and saute for 5 minutes.
- Add the chicken, chicken broth, tomato and seasonings. Cover and let simmer for 10 minutes.
- Top with toppings of your choice. Enjoy!