Easy mini lemon meringue pie is the perfect kid-friendly dessert for Spring. The best part is that it only uses 3 store-bought ingredients!
Let’s make lemonade out of lemons shall we? Rather, let’s make mini lemon meringue pies out of lemons!
These easy mini lemon meringue pies are perfect for a Spring dessert. They only require a couple pre-made ingredients and the kids can make them with you.
The best part is you can make them ahead of time, too. I make them a day in advance and keep them in the fridge until I am ready to serve.
I bet your asking how this recipe is easy when meringue is in the title. Isn’t making meringue from scratch time consuming? Well, the answer is yes, it is a little time consuming, but I have a secret ingredient that mimics meringue and you can buy it at the grocery store!
Dumb roll please……I use marshmallow fluff!
Marshmallow fluff adds a light, airy texture that mimics meringue for these cute little lemon pies. You can even torch the marshmallow fluff and add that WOW! factor that meringue creates.
What if I don’t have a kitchen torch?
I have used a torch lighter for these and it works great. You can buy a torch lighter at any major grocery store (or my Amazon storefront). Just make sure it says specifically “torch lighter” on the package.
Hold the lighter about a half inch away from the marshmallow fluff and move the flame around the whole surface area of the fluff. The marshmallow fluff will then begin to caramelize and turn golden brown.
I hope you love these as much as I do. I make them for so many Spring gatherings, and they have also become a favorite for Easter and BBQ dinners alike.
If you are looking for another great make ahead dessert try this DIY Ice Cream Cake. You won’t be disappointed I promise.
- Cooking Spray
- 1 Package Pre-made Sugar Cookie Dough
- 1 Package Lemon Pudding, Prepared
- 1 Jar Marshmallow Fluff
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Spray a mini muffin pan with cooking spray.
- Place about 1 tablespoon of the cookie dough into each muffin mold.
- Cook for 10-13 minutes or until the sugar cookie dough is slightly golden brown. Cool completely. Press the center of the cookies slightly with your thumb to form an indent.
- Prepare the lemon pudding according to package directions.
- When you are ready to assemble, place 1 teaspoon of the lemon pudding into the center of the sugar cookie. Top with 1 teaspoon marshmallow fluff.
- Continue with remaining cookies and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- When you are ready to serve, use a lighter or torch to caramelize the marshmallow fluff until golden brown.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.